Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Attitude does matter

I was trying very hard to hold my laughter back after hearing those conversations. While i was in the queue for ordering in McD last Saturday, there's a lady behind me, dressed up in all branded clothes carrying a LV handbag. It was crowded because this McD located along the KL-Seremban and it was lunch hour. Moreover, the following Monday was Hari Raya Haji therefore quite a lot of people travelled back their hometown. Though it was crowded and the queue was long but there was only 2 counter for ordering. We waited and waited, patiently. I overheard the conversation between the LV bag lady with her family. I guess they are Singaporean from their accent. Then, the following incident supported my prediction. I was at the counter waiting to collect my food after i placed my order. The McD worker was a Malay guy. He asked the lady behind me for order, in Malay. The lady was blank at first, then she quickly placed her order in English. She was ordering Mcvalue set. Then the story began...
"Besar atau sederhana?"
"Huh?"
"Besar atau sederhana?"
"What?"
I was trying to help so i butt in.
"He is asking whether you'd like to have a medium or large Mcvalue set." I said.
"There is only one size for Mcvalue set." The lady replied.
'We have two sizes here." i replied.
"Got two sizes meh?"She asked again.
'There's only one size lar." She insisted.
Then i kept quiet, trying so hard not to laugh or to say TNS. The long queue behind her started to make noise. Then the man behind her, spoke.
"There might be only one size in Singapore but here is Malaysia."
And the man is her husband.
So she finally accepted that there were two sizes for Mcvalue set in Malaysia.
I saw relief faces behind her, as everyone was trying to fill their empty stomach so eagerly.
Do we need to be that particular?
Maybe the people from advance country do.
Then on the way back, i stopped at the Restoren jejantas for a break. Andrew went to reload his touch-n-g0 while i was waiting in the car. There's no parking so i just parked at the roadside while waiting. Then i saw a Toyota Wish, slowed down beside my car. If you have been to the Restoren jejantas you may imagine the floor plan. At both sides are the parking, then the cars waiting (such as mine), park behind the cars in the car parks. So the middle lane is spacious for other cars to pass by. But this Toyota Wish, blocked the middle lane. At first i thought it was waiting for the carpark cos it's giving left signal. I was ready to remove my car if i blocked any cars coming out. But after 5 minutes, nothing happened. No car was coming out. The the cars behind the Toyota Wish were bypassing it carefully. There's room enough to fit a bus in front of my car for the Toyota Wish to park if it wanted to do so. But it prefer to stay in the middle and blocking every car. To my surprise, for every 10 cars passing by, only 2 honked at it. Then i started to praise how polite and patience our people have become. If the same situation happened in KL, or PJ, your mirror might break due to the nonstop high-pitch honking noise + uncountable middle fingers and f**ks. Suddenly the Toyota started to reverse. I wondered what it was trying to do then i saw there was a car coming out from the carpark at its right hand site about 2 cars away from it. Yes. It was trying to get that carpark. OMG! make sense lar please. This is one-way lane. There's long queue of cars behind it and it still wanted to reverse. Okay never mind u can do it if no car is waiting for the carpark. But actually, there's a car waiting for the parking, right behind it, giving the right hand signal. Furthermore, the Toyota was still giving the left-signal! I really beh tahan this driver's attitude. I looked through the windows, the driver was a man, with a lady besides him i guess his wife and somebody sitting at the back, i think his children. Of course, he failed to get the parking. Then he moved his car forward and stopped right in front of me which led me a chance to look at the car no plate. Not to my surprise, it started with a S. Perhaps the cars behind had lost their patience and started honking. Then only he drove away slowly. What a selfish driver!

2 comments:

  1. This is why people said “Most of the Singaporeans are very Kia Su and Kia Si”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all of them are native/pure breed Singaporeans u know...most of them are from here...that's y we can't speak of the nationality.

    ReplyDelete